Friday, March 14, 2014

Family Year Books (and Shutterfly Deal!)

One of my goals the past couple of years has been to stay on top of our family's photos.  With the digital age, and cell phones it is super easy to just store everything on our computers and Facebook and call it good.  I definitely want photos to be tangible and in order so I don't have a mess on my hands 10 years from now.

I used to be a scrapbooker, but I have found that I just don't have the time and it had become quite a burden to me.  I now have been making digital scrapbooks!


The only way I have managed to "keep up" on this is my husband allowing me time to sneak away to a coffee shop and work without distractions.  I got 3 months behind after I had Cece so I spent 3 hours a few weeks ago finishing up our 2013 album!

I make all my albums on Shutterfly and then I wait to order them until they have their awesome photo book sales!  Currently they are offering up to 50 percent off depending on the size of the album (sale is good through 3/18/14).

My albums end up having 70+ pages in them and this one cost about $80.  I just love them, and so does Addy!!  She goes through them often talking about what we did and remembering things.

I sort everything out by month so there is some order to it!
I have 2011, 2012 and 2013 Done and in our home.  I think I will just combine our "life before kids" into one big album in not as great of order.  Life was just a lot more boring then!

What do you do to preserve all your photos??


No comments:

Post a Comment