Thursday, March 13, 2014

Homemade French Bread

So I decided to try my hand at making some french bread.  I have been buying the three pack of Sourdough loaves at Costco which are DELISH, but are over $7 for the pack.  I'm not a super big carb eater when I'm being on track with my plan but I've found my family needs a bit extra carbs so yummy bread is the best way to give it to them without much effort.

I used Frugal Girl's French Bread recipe and it is SOOOOO easy!  And it is delicious for it's simplicity.  I turn one dough batch into two smaller loaves since I am not eating them except for yummy nibbles, and then I freeze the other so I don't have to make it all the time.

I'm not sure how much a loaf costs me, but since the ingredients are flour, wheat flour, water, sugar, salt and yeast I'm guessing it's a lot less that $2.50 a loaf!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment