Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Take Shape For Life Update: Week 1

There are definite pros and cons to the Medifast Nursing Mom's plan!  I have learned that quickly.

Pros:
1. You can eat more food.
2. No food is off limits
3. You lose weight

Cons:
1. Weight loss is slower
2. You have to make more personal choices with food instead of meal replacements
3. You never hit "fat burning mode," therefore you are a bit more hungry.

The reality is, I feel like if I can lose weight consistently on this plan I can be better at learning maintenance mode.  It was super easy to stay on plan before on the 5 and 1 plan because the results were so quick.  Now I'm learning the habits for long term weight loss and maintenance.  More food choices, and the slow and steady wins the race approach.  

Last week I lost 3.6 pounds!  Wonderful.  I'm thinking it will be less this week just because the first week usually is the biggest, but we shall see.  I already can tell the difference in my clothes! 

If you need any info on the Take Shape for Life eating program, either for nursing moms, or the 5&1 Plan (for everyone else).  Please contact my free health coach!!

No comments:

Post a Comment