Monday, March 3, 2014

Freezer Meal Swap!

A couple of my friends and I had our first ever freezer meal swap this past week.  There were only three of us, so we committed to each making three meals for each person and then swapping so we ended up with NINE meals each!!

So now we have our freezers stocked with:
Cheese Enchiladas
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
Chicken Curry Broccoli Casserole
Hearty Hamburger Tomato Stew
Southwest Roll Ups
Crockpot Chicken Teriyaki
Breakfast Cookies
Breakfast Burritos
Cinnamon Rolls


How awesome is that??  Now when we are tempted to eat out because of time we can have a yummy meal to pull out and eat.  

I think next time we will include more people and make less items so each person makes 2 dishes instead of 3. 

My favorite part of it was that since I was cooking in larger quantities I was able to justify using the food processor to chop massive amounts of carrots, celery, bell pepper, and onion!!  That thing amazes me!

I am going to be trying to do more freezer cooking in the near future to save time and money for our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment